Board games are one of the go-to activities for couples looking to spend some nice, relaxing time together. And for a good reason. Very few things are easier to plan for than a board game date night. Just make put some time aside, open the box, and you're ready to go!
We get it though. There's so many board games out there! How will you choose? And which ones are good for couples specifically? We've got you covered! Here's our list of the best board games for couples, perfect for any date night.
- Yahtzee: A family classic that is perfect for some quality time with your partner as well! The objective of this game is to get as many points as possible by rolling five dice and getting specific combinations of dice as you roll. This game is simple but can get very competitive, so if you and your partner love a little competition, this option may be perfect for you!
- 141 Outrageous Conversation Starters for Couples: With these conversation starters, you may learn something new about each other, even after many years of being together! These 141 conversation starters are not your run-of-the-mill table topics either, these cards are designed to open up new and fun conversation topics between you both like you have never had before.
- Chess: Who doesn't want to be the Chess Master of their relationship? Chess is a perfect game to play if you both want a relaxing night in, just pull out your chessboard and start up a game. This is the perfect time to have some sweet quality time together.
- Spin the Bottle Card Game: Throwback! It's Friday night, and you are at your first-ever boy-girl party. Here's the sitch, tonight, we are playing spin the bottle! That's right, check your braces and take a Certs mint. This date night game is a spin-off of a total classic. Lay the cards out in a circle, and spin the bottle! You must now complete whatever truth, dare, or challenge the bottle lands on. Each card included has a point total to win and also includes a hilariously awkward challenge for you or your partner to complete.
- Crated with Love: What better board game for couples than a date night box made out of board games, as well as other activities? Each Crated with Love date night box comes with 4 to 6 games and activities focused on improving your relationship. The best part? Each date night is a completely new theme! You can browse available themes here.
- Jenga: Is there not much time for game night? Not to worry, this date night idea is simple and a winning choice every time. Go ahead and grab your trusty Jenga game and stack the tower. To add a twist to this date night idea, allow each game to involve an added challenge such as, "Whoever loses this round has to cook the dinner of their partner's choice!"
- 52FIVE Arcade Edition Date Night Game: 52 cards, 5 date night games, 1 deck of cards. This deck is the perfect pair for a busy couple that's always on the go! Throw this card game in your pocket, or in your purse, and you'll be ready for a game night out any time!
- Twister: A classic date night game that is bound to make you both feel closer - literally.
- Double Dare Date Night: Are you both up for a game that puts you a little out of your comfort zones? Take this card game out at your own risk! The challenges are hilariously embarrassing, but this will be a night out neither of you will ever forget.
- Mix It Up Date Night - Dinner and a Movie Edition: After playing a couple of board games, maybe you're a little tired and want a classic dinner and a movie night. This game helps you and your partner have the perfect movie and a dinner date night every time! This game includes Dinner Challenge Cards, Movie Challenge Cards, and Mix It Up Challenge Cards. Simply pick one of each card to create a new date night experience for you and your partner.
- Laughing at Dad Jokes Game: If all you both need this date night is a really good belly laugh, look no further. Try not to laugh to win!
Have you found one both of you like? For a little extra fun, try to do as many of these as you can in one night for an absolutely epic board game date night!