Every couple that’s been together for a significant amount of time thinks that they know everything about their partner. All the fun, flirty, and even deep conversations have dried up – and now you’re sitting in silence on your date night dreaming of the days when you were still getting to know each other. Well, we’ve got great news… there’s still so much more to learn!
It doesn’t matter if you have been married for 50 minutes or 50 years, there is always something new to learn about your spouse. All it takes is a little time and a little creativity.
Want to get a little goofier? Try our 20 most outrageous conversation starters!
Below we’ve outlined a few conversation starters to get to know your partner on an even deeper level or hear a new side of the same old story. The best part? Answering these questions at different stages of your lives can illicit new answers and new ways to learn more about each other.
Want to get a little goofier? Check out these conversation starters and date night games!
Alright then, let’s get started! Here are some of our favorite conversations starters and topics for married couples:
1. If you could spend 24 hours doing anything in the world together, what would it be?
2. If you could have lived in another time period, which would you choose? Why?
3. Is there a movie that you watched as a child that you knew you were too young to see? Did it have an effect on you?
4. What’s your favorite memory from when we were dating?
5. What’s your favorite memory from our wedding? Why?
6. Do you have any pet peeves that you wish didn’t bother you?
7. Who in your family do you think you’re most like?
8. What was the moment that you knew you were in love with me?
9. When was the last time you cried? Do you remember what it was about?
10. When was the last time you laughed? Do you remember what it was about?
11. Do you have any dreams or things that you want to accomplish that you’ve put on the back burner? How can we bring them to life?
12. What’s one positive change that our marriage has had on you?
13. When was the last time I made you feel great about yourself? How can I do that more often?
14. What scares you the most in life? Has it changed at all since you were a child?
15. If you could go back to when we first started dating, what advice would you give yourself?
16. What do you consider your biggest challenge in your life thus far? How did you/will you overcome it?
17. What do you see our lives looking like five years from now?
18. What characteristics make a great parent?
19. Is there anything that you wish was different about how you were raised?
20. What do you want people to remember about you after you’re gone?
21. When have you felt the most loved by me?
22. What’s your favorite vacation of the ones we’ve taken together?
23. What’s one character trait that you hope your kids don’t learn from you?
24. What do you consider my greatest attribute? What about my greatest weakness?
25. What’s one activity that you’ve always wanted to do together?
We hope these quick starters get your creative juices flowing for more and more conversations throughout your marriage. Remember, there is always something new to learn about your partner. And, taking some time to talk through these topics can not only make you feel closer together, they can also help you strengthen your communication skills. It’s the small, open conversations that make the difficult ones a little easier.
So keep talking, keep connecting, and keep dating!